- 97% of the time, Premature Optimization is a root of all evil.
- But not
Optimization is a root of all evil!
- Moreover, the original saying was from around 1960s, when computer are still using punch cards, CPU processing was costly.
- Optimization is NOT only about performance, but also about the design.
- You're more prone to mistakes when you optimize code early.
- But don't skip necessary optimizations by flagging them as premature.
- Find and measure the time you can save with optimization.